Monday, July 20, 2009

Contentment

So yesterday was my second horse show. I took my pony and did very well for not practicing like I should. Unfortunately I didn't take my mare, Dancer, because she isn't trained to load into a trailer and is a rather timid/nervous horse. My day at the show left me feeling less than elated, all I could think about was the fact that I couldn't take my horse to the show. As I was working on chores today, I was arrested in my thinking.
Here I was, moping about at the fact that my young green horse needs work, and forgetting that I was at a show yesterday with my pony. I've come so far in my riding overall, and yet I was only thinking about what I can't do. God reminded me to be content with what I can do, and to trust Him to help me to do what I can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment